Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pushing Through A Sunday

The snow is still beautiful even though it sort of melted where it was shoveled/plowed in the bright sun.  Tonight will be a different story - down to single digits.

I had procrastinated on sewing Donny's two new award letters on his school jacket because it not fun.  I allowed two hours this morning and it wasn't enough.  Finished at their house after church when we took Grace home.

Jerry tried out his new fabricated snow plow attached to the Kubota and he said it was great.

Finished getting things ready to take to the Christmas Party & Auction tomorrow night.  Made cranberry bars, a cheese spread and had pumpkin cookies and Heidi's cheese strips.  Plus, I'm taking two dozen glass snack sets - HEAVY lifting on those babies.  Mom had some, I found more years ago and Jerry came home with some this summer from an estate auction.  It is nice to have them matching and most everyone has at least a small set so can gather up a large group when needed.  This is always a fun evening.  The auction is all Christmas things, some bought and others hand made.  I usually paint a picture but this year wasn't in the mood - so am taking "Candy Cane Liquor" wrapped in an extra pretty dish towel.

My last Christmas gift arrived yesterday and I'm so done shopping.  Need to get back crackin' on the quilt.  Ashley arrives Sunday and Grace's Sunday School class has their singing debut at church.  Should be precious or at the very least funny.   

No comments:

Post a Comment