Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rain and Busy Times

In an effort to get rid of my headache, I've considered what I might be allergic to and after eliminating Jerry - figure it must be seasonal pollen.  Mulberries are right up there as is grass pollen.  Might also be the fresh ground mulch or with so much rain - mold.  Unless I go to an allergist, I won't know.

It's been difficult not to garden outside when it's been so mild, but any little trip outside has been the beginning of another headache.  The weeds and crab grass are taking this opportunity to get out in front of me.  Yesterday was headache free - hopefully today and then back to my version of "normal".

Monday evening I presented a friend who was being initiated into P.E.O.  She will be a welcome addition.  This is our last meeting until fall.

Tuesday morning I attended the Executive Board and governing Board meetings for Freedom House.  I was elected President of the Board for a two year term.  It is challenging time financially for any non profit and will be a challenging time for the Board to make decisions that will benefit F.H. and our clients.

Jerry was elected to an officer position at the Galva American Legion.  He has done so much to help them since joining that I know they are grateful he will commit to more. 

All my roses are more beautiful than ever before.  I've never been particularly good raising roses so I consider these the most hardy.  They have had loads of blooms, many for the first time and as of yesterday - no Japanese Beetles.  I'm sure they are lurking in the ground developing themselves into plant destruction central.  Today, I simply enjoy the beauty of the ones in bloom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment