
Busy weekend but mostly working around the house.
Finally, most of the repainting is done. I've started the window washing and cleaning the rooms. Plus, vacuuming Asian Lady Beetles.
Today was beautiful and Jerry has everything mowed. He was busy doing "the list" of odd jobs yesterday. It just started to thunder as he got home from a short ride on his motorcycle.
I'm chairman of a group that will make recommendations on where to spend our P.E.O. philanthropic monies this year. Dedicated to women's education and advancement, plus, children's welfare and world peace (yes, Miss America, we also are working for world peace.) I've been gathering information so the meeting will be easy and short. I was on enough committees to last a life time while I was working and if I am involved in them now, I tend to believe "get it done and get gone" the best policy.
Last night we went to Bible Study. We've met with this couples group for quite a few years. It was our last meeting because two of the couples are starting a new church in Galva and want to devote their time to that. I seldom see any of them except for this Bible study so will miss having the good discussions plus staying close.
We're having our October - plus one - Birthday cookout/potluck next Sunday at 4:00 p.m. Kane (15), Kate (13), Ian (32), Bradley (1), Phil (27), Marla (34), Don (16), Paul (46), Max (16).
Those that won't be able to attend: Karyl Peterson (67), Janice Green (68), Tim Davis (33)
Keitra volunteered to make the cake with every one's name on it. Megan is sending a pasta salad allusion. Everyone can bring snacks or potluck stuff and we'll have hotdogs to roast over the fire. It's a game room experience. I've heard from everyone but Sue's - who apparently has a life now {:-)>-
No comments:
Post a Comment