Friday, July 30, 2010

The Helper

Max and his friend - picture is obviously stolen off FB.

Max came out Wednesday to earn a little money. It was extremely hot and humid and all his jobs were in it. He moved rock, statues, wood and helped Jerry organize his wood stash. Plus, he swept the guys room. One very wet young man when he was done.

When I don't see grandchildren for awhile, it is always amazing how they have changed both in looks and thoughts. Max is stretching up and slimming down. He's always been sweet and still is and I enjoyed his time here.

We're fortunate to have such a great family and to see them as often as we do. I didn't take a picture of our worker because I was finishing baking a Texas Sheet Cake, choc. chip cookies and the rest of the Chex mix. So done and so made the air conditioners run continuously.

Yesterday was a welcome respite from the heat and humidity but today it starts again. We were going to get great things done yesterday but Jerry had another sinus headache so went to his doctor and they ordered at CT scan to make sure it's nothing. That pretty much took up the rest of the day. Cancer survivors think every zit is a new cancer and freak - since he's been right twice we usually have things checked out and go from there. Hope to have a good result back today and move on to sinus meds and pain killers. In between this, I was able to get all the groceries bought and put away and Jerry was able to finish cataloging his records.

No comments:

Post a Comment