It was crazy hot and humid yesterday - Midwest August weather for sure.
When we got home, we both started mowing the yard - amazing you can get so hot just sitting but I did. Hot, sticky and covered in crud.
When that was finished, we headed down to the Medley's house to mow for them. Clarence is in the hospital and I'm afraid he's not going to recover. Marie doesn't drive, so her family takes her to the hospital in Galesburg everyday. Marie is also continuing to get ready for the sale/auction of the house, farm land, and belongings prior to moving into the senior high rise. Too much for her but she is a strong woman although not healthy herself. Anyway, it's little enough for us to do to help in this way.
With heat index's over 113, we both were ready for lots of water and a shower. It stormed and there were power outages all around us. We didn't have much of anything and I'm grateful.
I've been following Heidi & Josh's return to the US - what a mess with water in the basement the day they were moving into the house. Tabitha turns 13 Friday - when did that happen??? It was fun to see Jeremy's little girl's picture.
Kate and Trent spent the weekend in Fort Wayne at one of her computer game conventions. People come dressed like the computer characters. It's not only kids but there are adults that get into it so deep they dress and act like computer characters. Trent said it's a great place for "people watching" and I must agree it would be freaky great.
Megan and Tim are getting some of the wedding plans tied down and we'll be stopping by the store to rent his tux possibly today after we meet with our financial planner. Jerry's wants to make sure he understands the financial ramifications if he should retire next March.
Carmen called to say Mary (Jerry's sister-in-law) totaled Marge's car (the one she just fixed). Lot going on in the South right now . . .
The shed looks great and is done. When they power washed off the old paint, it apparently sticks to everything EVERYTHING better than it did the shed. Plants, trim, door, fence, and anything sitting within twenty feet. It melted into surfaces and will have to be primed and then painted over. I have lots of painting waiting for me - the windows in the house, some things outside and the doors. Right now "I'm Scarlett O'Hare - ing" it: Tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment