Tuesday, February 2, 2010

More pie

Image is of Jamie Davenport's high school graduation picture, Carmen's youngest daughter. Carmen gave us several choices but I thought this one was really lovely. I am getting ready to put it into the "Carmen and David family picture display." We are looking forward to attending both Jamie and Ashley's (Angie's daughter) graduations this May. Since they are a week apart, we will just stay in Albany and visit everyone.
I found another possible Hoosier sugar cream pie recipe. I read "The Amish Cook" weekly newspaper article by a young Old Order Amish woman. She writes by hand and the paper enters. She talks of the happenings of their big family (8 children under 15) and their lives plus always includes a recipe and talk of cooking. I saw they had sugar cream pies for Thanksgiving dinner and she's originally from Indiana. I wrote her and hope she will share. The quest never ends.
The Ferrelgas truck just arrived - oh dear "good-bye" thousands of dollars . . .
Jerry has officially signed up to retire. His first day of retirement will be April 1, 2020. He has to use up his vacation and personal days first or he will loose them so his last day of work is 19 days away. It has all kinda crept up on him much faster than he thought it would. His emotions are bouncing around and he's had to make a lot of life changing decisions. In the end, it will be good for him.
The kitchen remodel is finally moving along again. I corresponded with the stone place yesterday to reach the deal (deal meaning how much we agree to pay for what). Ouch! I hope I live here long enough to get that much enjoyment out of it but I'm sure I will enjoy it every single time I step into the kitchen.
Better get out of my jammies and go vote. I'm a registered republican so the primary is just about voting so the worst of the worst don't appear on the November ballot. Basically during major elections, I don't vote party - try to research and vote who might do best. I wish Illinois would have someone "anyone" run for office that wasn't a major criminal, liar and cheat. Not much different than national elected officials. Did you know this is the first time they have voted to not give social security recipients a cost of living increase? This is also the same bunch that voted themselves a hefty pay raise. Need I say more...

No comments:

Post a Comment