Next door neighbor, Jim DeCrane, gave us some foundation rocks. They were hugely heavy picking them up and putting into the wagon and HUGELY hugely heavy laying down.
Jerry put the edge rocks down and I put all the others. I guess our backs survived so apparently we were just building muscle mass. I still have to put the cement between them and seed the rest of the places that got dug up during the basement wall rebuild.
I did manage to transplant a row of hosta to the foundation area and then got my Spring housecleaning done over the last few days. I made myself get it done before I did any more outside or it would be Fall and still not done.
Jerry washed the windows - his speciality. Then they planted which kicked up dust and added fertilizer kicking up dust again, it rained and now they are messy again. It's a no win in the country as far as windows staying clean.
Working in the flower/garden beds is never ending and I'm never quite caught up. I am considering certain parts may be best returned to natural and stop fretting over it being messy and unkempt. The trick is one of those places is on a hill and that's the reason I planted in the first place but it is overgrown with water grass. My only recourse may be to dig out what I want to keep and then try to mow it by hand. Whatever the choice, it will involve more work before it gets less work. Right now I just try to keep people from seeing the east lawn.
I have Gracie tonight and we've enjoyed ourselves. Pizza and ice cream, Dora, reading books and she's pretending not to be sleepy so expect to find her in there asleep. She is almost totally toilet trained and wears big girl pants. Has reached the stage of wanting to "help" with everything. She's a bright little girl and with a little talking things through, she is good at picking up skills. A nice time for us both.
No comments:
Post a Comment