Trying to show some of the pattern of the soapstone.
I decided to paint the bank of drawers from blue to the cream color. The blue just detracted from the counters and wasn't such a good match.
Hard to take a good overall picture since the room isn't very large
but this is the oven, cook top, pot filler view.
The sink - huge - deep and beautiful (can a sink be beautiful?). Jerry told the kids it was big enough for him to bath in and they're still trying to wipe that image out of their minds.
Except for bringing my radiator top and side-bracing the sink, the kitchen remodel is over. I'm still getting used to it but it's great and more than I'd even hoped. We'll tackle the floor tile repairs later. Jerry did lots of work on the kitchen, mostly things that you can't see but without his doing, Nothing would work.
I've been outside as often as possible and have the beds cleaned and my garden things out. My potting bench Jerry made has already come in handy. While I've been doing "my thing", he's been helping get spring jobs done. After church, he'll tackle the windows and if it stays without wind, I'll try to get weeds killed. If I do now, it won't be such a huge job a month from now.
I set up a Face book page for "Eastern High School, Greentown IN - Class of 1962" and slowly alumni are joining. I'm trying to keep it just fun and not so much "look how wonderful I am and how I've out-succeeded you all" but that will be a hard task with some classmates. Right now, it's just us nerds - and low key fun.
They're having a multi-classes reunion but we'll be in Georgia at two high school graduations during that time. I don't mind missing as I find it hard to remember most in my classmates let alone older groups. I was closer to the Taylor grade school kids than the Eastern high school ones. I've lost three of my Taylor close/good friends in the last year.
The old WD tractor was officially sold yesterday. I'm not sure if Jerry will have to burn his goofy old winter hat now that he won't be pushing snow with the WD. He's made a snowplow for my Kabota so that will suffice and probably be easier - we hope.
He's been having loads of fun doing his projects and using his shed/equipment. So far, retirement has been good for him. He likes to tell people it's his Honey-Do list but he's lovin' it! Man with welder - scary!
Beautiful kitchen!!!
ReplyDelete