Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Auction Mania





The pumpkin images are "borrowed" from Angie's page and was just too funny to resist.

The bird feeder was bought at the Bell benefit auction. I can see it out the computer/library room window and now the birds just have to realize it stores a food source.

The auction had to be a success and fortunately we did our part but didn't get bid stupid in the process. They had two registered blond lab puppies that went for $700 each - Jerry and I made a pact to knock the other off their chair if either of us raised our hand during this item. Nothing is cuter than a puppy and these little labs were soooooo cute.

My little picture sold without embarrassing me by the auctioneer having to beg for bids. Several people were bidding so that was nice.

The evening was very cold and wet and even though I finally got my winter coat out of the car, I just kept getting colder. When I got home I realized my feet were wet from my shoes sitting in the water all evening. It was in a tent but that did little other than rain coming down on us. But, they had a good turnout and the food was good. Hope it did the trick for them financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment