
William (Bill) Shenk is dad's older brother's (Uncle Don and Ruth Shenk) oldest son. He has a younger brother, Howard Shenk of Tucson.
Bill is a retired Presbyterian minister. His wife, Bettie, passed away a few years ago. They were avid RV travelers and Bill has stayed involved. He lives in Kingston TN but travels from October to early summer.
Bill sent pictures of his new (3rd) motor home. This year he wants to be able to travel more and easier get into more out of the way places, so this home is smaller (19 ft.). The other two look like house trailers. He belongs to the "Escapes Club" which is a group that travels all the time.
Bill has the "Shenk look" with white hair, white beard, thin and blue eyes. Although he and Bette would often visit Dad and Mom, it was never times when I was there.
I haven't seen Bill since Aunt Fern's funeral and haven't seen Howard since I was still in school. I've enjoyed reconnecting with my cousin and would like to visit sometime.
Donald Hugh Shenk 04-09-1901 to 1986 (Dad's brother)
Ruth Aletha Swartz Shenk 08-30-1902 to 10-02-1957 (Don's wife)
William Earle Shenk - 09-27-1933 (Don & Ruth's son)
Mary Bettie Worthington Shenk - 11-01-1932 to 2007? (Bill's wife)
Lauren Marie Shenk 05-13-1956 (Bill & Bettie's daughter)
Michael Andrew Shenk 09-14-1948 (Bill & Bettie's son)
Howard Fred Shenk - 02-14-1939 (Bill's brother)
A few facts:
Graduated from Southwestern at Memphis w/ BA in Philosophy 1955
Graduated from Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary with BD in 1948
Someplace I have a picture of Bill and Bettie but I think it's packed away with old family pictures from Dad's house. A winter project of scanning those pictures so won't post one today.
No comments:
Post a Comment