The stone place called to make sure I realized soapstone (and especially the slabs I picked out) had scratches and nicks as a part of it's natural state. I did and that is part of the charm for me. I could sand and oil them away but then it wouldn't be the color or pattern I prefer. Since these slabs had very pronounced pattern, I'm hoping they made the most of it and it will show up well. I finally had to "assume" they were the professionals and do this all the time and will be just what I want - unless (fill in the blanks of a worrier.)
Had lunch yesterday and today with two friends. If I continue to eat at the B.H. Bakery, I'll not make any headway on winter pudge. Was good to keep in touch. It's easy to let days slip into weeks and then months and years without seeing friends and keeping in their life.
Trent, Sue and I went to the calling hours for Emmy Hawkins. Trent and Sue spent most of their childhood across the street from the Hawkins. It was a close neighborhood and great for young families. Although it was sad to loose a wonderful friend like Emma, it was also great to see all her family again and do a little catching up. All of us were instantly transported to another time with the ever so kind "you haven't changed a bit" being thrown around and then laughing. I'm thankful for people, like Em, who were so good and such a good example. Good friends certainly are the mortar of our lives that hold us together as we travel through life.
No comments:
Post a Comment