Greentown High School Alumni are holding their Fabulous 50's Reunion tonight. This is my senior picture (1962). Since I haven't seen most anyone from Greentown since I graduated and didn't grow up there, I decided it would be an evening of my saying, "No, I don't remember..." and would not attend. I set up a Facebook Page for our class and they are enjoying and that is my part of the whole thing. I am also the class of 1962's official fact keeper.____________________
Jerry had a pre-operation doctor appointment today to make sure he is healthy enough from his cancer recovery to withstand the operation. He is PLUS he vitals are so good they are taking him off his cholesterol meds. They were amazed at how healthy he was. Retirement is a good thing!
The strange part was a storm (yes, another storm) was headed towards Galesburg. We are on the 5th floor of the medical building and the staff hears the prediction of strong straight line winds and hail. They are hurrying around gathering flashlights and preparing for the worst. They did get hail and it really blew for awhile with lots of heavy rain, but we didn't see any damage on the way home. We didn't get much here. It was rather discerning to be stuck 5 stories up and not knowing if you were going to blow away..
Jerry goes for pre-op blood work and EKG Monday, his surgery is tentatively scheduled for 8 a.m. Tuesday, June 22nd. Probably will be in intensive care overnight and then maybe home Weds. He'll be inactive for at least a week. Can't risk pulling any of the stitches on the artery.
Dem Boys play cards tonight and I'm watching Gracie. Tomorrow I judge at the 4-H fair and then Bible Study in the evening. Sunday is Father's Day and Jeanie's baby shower. Gonna be a busy week. Then of course there will be the repeated storms to deal with....
No comments:
Post a Comment