Donnie's Delight Daylily for Donald Elston. This is only the second year and has been transplanted twice. The rain about mushed it up prior to the picture and it's still not a big plant but has the potential for really pretty.
Susie Wong Daylily for Susan Kaufman. This was not a very good bloomer prior to my moving it back to the family plot. Now, it really doing great.
Eastern Gate Daylily - a free one with a garden order a few years ago. A vigorous plant with long bloom time and many flowers.
As you can see, my "family daylilies" are starting to bloom. It's fun looking for family names at Daylily stores. Just never know when a new one will have just the right name. I'm waiting for a new daylily "Gibson" to come down in price - it's well over $100 now.
This weekend has been a "washout" - pun intended.
Yesterday we were going to help neighbors stain the logs for their new siding and addition but it was simply too humid. Instead we took naps and I started the book "Kite Runner". Made a big pot of potato/corn chowder and corn bread.
Today Jerry was going to ride in the Patch Memorial Run from Oneida, Kewanee and Bishop Hill where they were holding a fund raiser to send WWII vets to the memorial in DC. Instead Jerry napped and I finished the book and read the Sunday paper.
I snapped pictures of the daylilies before it stormed.
Gracie was going to visit Friday night but started a fever and now has what appears to be strep throat. Bummer for everyone, esp Grace.
Had pizza the other evening from the former "Pat's Place". He makes his own crust and it is just right with a load of toppings. I had the cheese/veggie and it was the best pizza I've had in ages. They do a big carry out business. Finished with a cup of chocolate chip peppermint ice cream.
After the hard work Saturday morning in the garden, I'm just really good with the lazy weekend. Jerry must have needed the sleep as he's been pretty study - no guilt sleep when it's raining. Must be all that work he's put into the homemade grill he's made and installing out by the shed.
After the hard work Saturday morning in the garden, I'm just really good with the lazy weekend. Jerry must have needed the sleep as he's been pretty study - no guilt sleep when it's raining. Must be all that work he's put into the homemade grill he's made and installing out by the shed.
No comments:
Post a Comment