Spent most of the day until about dark thirty out in the yard cleaning up and weeding. I seldom do yard work in the fall because I'm usually tired of the whole thing. Today was just too perfect to miss and they do look nice.
Got most of the back beds done and prepped for winter. If I can walk tomorrow, maybe I'll tackle the front.
Yesterday, canned 7 qts. and 7 pts. of tomatoes. The final ripening will be in the next week or so and then canned will be all we have. I've managed to eat fresh tomatoes nearly every day since they started.
They started picking corn across the road and then stopped - must have been too wet. I'll be glad when they have finished around us and I can get on with washing windows and such. No use doing it prior to the harvest as it always lays a huge amount of dirt and crud on everything. I hear a tractor and madly rush to shut windows but it still is everywhere. On the other hand, it sure it a pretty sight.
Update: Donny should be able to dress for the game tomorrow night - he isn't too sure he'll see much playing since he's had to sit out two weeks of practice BUT has a new knee brace. We won't know until Kane sees the dr. tomorrow if he'll be able to play next Monday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment