Monday, September 6, 2010

A Walk In The Park

If you enlarge this, you will see the sky is full of turkey vultures. An interesting sight and I was quite glad they were circling the other side of the lake.
The late afternoon sun playing off the water.
I call this "Trent and Randy in 50 years". Apparently, one of them couldn't hear very well as you could hear them bickering from across the lake. Too, funny.




On the spur of the moment, we decided to go out to Johnson Sauk Trail State Park for a picnic lunch. Jerry scrounged up enough fishing gear to call it "fishing" and managed to help rid the lake of several sticks and logs. There's something to be said about stopping and buying worms...
I took the Sunday paper and a book. We both had about seven hours of relaxing time.
A little southern pimento cheese spread, bread, chips, fresh tomatoes, carrots, celery, green onions and water and we did fine. We thought it would be really crowded but apparently only a few thought of the park Sunday. It was quiet and peaceful. The perfect weather and perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment