Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bonding


Grace will be visiting me a couple of times a week until Marla's work schedule gets firm. We have a great time. Yesterday we both were tired all day from getting up early.
Grace usually sleeps until 8 a.m. and I'm a night owl. This week she has to be here by 5:20 a.m. - throwing both our routines into different time zones.
We have breakfast, read a little, watch a little Elmo and then off to bed for the morning catch up nap.
She is talking much more and is becoming more of her own personality. I have come to realize that "owee" or with the drama effect of twelve syllables "oooowwwweeeeeeeee" does not always mean something hurts but can mean I'm scared of dogs, the cat is too close, in the middle of a bodily function, or I'm not getting my way.
Amazing how each child has their own set of personality traits - helps make each one special. The above look only meant "I've had my picture taken so many times that I'm going to make you work for a good shot." As soon as the flash goes off, I get this really big cheesy smile.
We are going to a restaurant for lunch with a friend today. Restauranting is not something Grace has done so it should be an experience. It's to the Bishop Hill Bakery shop and will be pretty informal for us and close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment