Monday, June 29, 2009

The Excitement Begins


Jerry and I got everything (but the metal tree) moved Sunday. Yesterday involved moving the three large evergreen bushes, the trumpet vines, some asters, the stones and water feature stuff.
Jerry used our Kubota end loader to do a lot of the work. I think we may have been able to save the bushes but time will tell. The wind was so strong yesterday it was hard to set them straight even after we tied them to supports.
Contractor Arnie was here this morning to get everything ready and to give me our instructions; take out the window air conditioner so the end loader wouldn't hit it, where to park things, where to dump the brick/dirt from the old wall, and discuss whatever he wanted to review.
My general thinking when working with contractors is "expect the worst and be thankful for anything better." I'm sure there's a whole personality trait involved in that but it does allow for pleasant surprises and very few let downs.
I did a newspaper article on "Contractors" and was surprised at the number of people who apparently didn't know the things they should and shouldn't do when dealing with contractors that will be in your yard.
So - tomorrow Gracie and I will have entertainment out back. Let's hope it's not black humor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment