Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bring on the Snow


We've finished putting up Christmas decorations and such - probably.
Jerry did a great job with all the outside blue lights - now we just need snow to finish the look.
The Swedish candles in the windows give us the "Bishop Hill" look.
I did one tree all red (on the goldish tree) and another traditional one. I decided to put all my sentimental ornaments on one tree and do it as we did when I was a kid. Even down to the white sheet under the tree for snow. (My folks were depression era make-due people) Found the tinsel at Hathaways - marked down to almost nothing since I'm probably the only person in the Midwest using tinsel this year.
I had stopped using tinsel because it's such a pain when taking down the tree. I always liked it. Yesterday, I did the Erma Bombeck thing "think of all the women on the Titanic who didn't eat dessert". I thought what if I don't ever have a chance to enjoy tinsel on a tree just because of a little work each year. I'll probably be singing a different tune come January.
At any rate, glad it's done and we can sit and enjoy it all. Gracie comes tomorrow, that should be interesting for her. I've left some things laying around that she can play with so it won't be so frustrating to only look and not touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment