Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday on the Hill


Image: This is Jerry at the car show in Bishop Hill last Sunday. Only a Georgia boy would crawl under EVERY old Model T we saw. (I have more of these poses but will spare you! I will say most of the wives walking by got a big laugh out of it. Jerry, perhaps, no so much.)




Finally - after many calls - they found Jerry's tests results from the MRI taken a week ago. Good news: It showed no bleeding or signs of cancer in the brain. They have not had a response from Iowa City Med. Ctr. on getting his PET scan scheduled, so need to push on that one.


Jerry was able to confer with his boss and she insisted he work only eight hours a day at the most. She is alright with less when he needs and even offered a place where he could nap in the middle of the day. Now, making this happen lays on his shoulders.


~-~-~-~-~


Kane just completed "Wildcat Basketball Camp" where he was given the honor of winner in the "Speed Contest". No surprise there when you take a look at those long legs - that young man is designed for speed. Kane is developing into a really good basketball player and we hope to see many of his games over the next five years.


~-~-~-~-~


Heidi and Josh and family will make the US home again as of this Sunday. It's been such an adventure and they have made the most of it all. I have appreciated Heidi taking us along through her beautiful Blog, perhaps the closest to that adventure I'll have. I'm sure this family will make the next phase an adventure, too. How can they not - new home, children back in school, their activities, and getting reacquainted with old friends and meeting new.


~-~-~-~-~


We are going to the 30th Anniversary party for Kandy and Randy Engles tonight. Kandy is Trent's age and his sister-in-law. Randy is his best friend. Kandy's mother, Judy Elwell, is one of my best friends. I've reached the age where my thoughts are, "Good grief, where did that 30 years go so fast." The party is given by their daughters, Brandy Hampton, Amanda Porsche, Maranda Engles and Destiny Engles. They also have four grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment