Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good day to take it easy


Image: I spent the last two days weeding my front walks and flower beds. Sounds really simple and I suppose in essence, it is. The brick requires sitting on my butt, with a putty knife, and scraping out the weeds. If I just use Roundup, once the weeds die, I still have to scrape out the dead so just as easy to do it alive and then try to keep weeds from growing after that.
I have an abundance of dandelions in the beds and garlic chives and Mexican greens (forget the name) in the walks.
Jerry has the upstairs bathroom windows taken out, re-everythinged, and back in with caulk. I will need to re paint all the trim when he is finished with them all.
Today is starting with rain and may rain on and off the rest of the week so expect to get some inside tasks accomplished.
Plus, we plan to visit today. Meeting Dean and Sue Huff in Lincoln and on the way back, visit with Keitra and family.
Congratulations to Marla for passing her State Nursing Board exams on the first try - no surprise for anyone but Marla. She and Ian are busy getting their shifts coordinated. Don and Kane are out busy being boys on summer vacation. The family is headed to 6 Flags this weekend.
Gracie called to tell us she had accomplished her first poopy in the potty chair. We celebrated with her!
Susan is listing her house for sale and going through that huge task. Her yard looks beautiful right now so the time is right. She will be registering Max at Monmouth Schools this week. Paul has been busy trying to get flower beds ready for the big transfer of Sue's pretty lilies and things she wants to keep.
Trent, Julie and Kate just returned from a week in Mexico and what Trent termed as "awesome tans."

No comments:

Post a Comment