Heavy rain on the 4th certainly confused the weekend's activities. Some things got cancelled, others moved and some went on in spite of the day. We ended up missing everything.
Since most area fireworks were moved to Sunday evening, I didn't even think about Galva's continuing. Heard booms from our house and looked out in time to see a beautiful final display. We have watched from our front porch several years but because of the high humidity and low cloud cover, they were really showy.
The parade was moved to Sunday. We had a "team building" potluck cookout at Jerry's boss's home in Peoria Sunday afternoon. During late morning Jerry became sick so we stayed home. He is feeling better today. As a result, I have enough veggie pizza to last a couple of days!
Because of the rain and the cement curing, they will start laying the basement block today. Thought the picture of one of my really pretty daylilies was a good comment on "the cost of construction." Contractor Arnie came close to smashing but the lily is just blooming away. I hope they can get done this week. Although they are doing a great job and do customer service well, I'm tired of my "house guests." A person gets spoiled living in the country and having so much peace and privacy. Although Dixie Dog likes playing "King of the Hill."
No comments:
Post a Comment