I was outside doing my morning daylily thing and turned to look at what looked like haze - nooooo, it was rain. It rained hard on and off all day to about two inches.
I'm rushing around shutting windows and all. Then contractor calls and talks about not coming if it keeps raining and it occurs to me I've left the basement and garage doors open to allow them access - jeez. But, the north wall was dry - he is seven blocks high and it wasn't even damp.
Then as it is really letting loose, I realize he took off two downspouts so not to run over them. I put on my rain gear and put one on and the other won't fit because of the pile of dirt so use a plastic lid to deflect away from the house. The back yard is a mush of slippery clay and water. I try not to think about how long it will take to fix it and all the hard work. By the time I got back in the house, rain had coated my pants, the inside of my boots, and was running off my face. Glub Glub.
Gracie kept me company for a while this morning and had Gam ma singing "Frosty The Snowman" so many times I started making up words. After she left, I spent the rest of the day cutting material to make a quilt. And then laying it out in the design I wanted. Sounds and looks so simple and isn't if you're new to the quilting thing like me.
I've been getting reservations for our two days in St. Louis next week. Jerry's on two weeks' vacation and it is also our 19 year anniversary. I think we'll go to the zoo and other things in Forest Park. What kind of people go to the zoo for their anniversary???? Twenty-five is silver, Fifty is gold, Nineteen is . . . animals????
No comments:
Post a Comment